Self-to-self Forum Index
Self-to-self Forum Index  »  Life Application  »  "Overvoice"
Page 1 of 1    

"Overvoice"

"Overvoice"
PostPosted: June 8th, 2005, 1:15 pm
User avatarJoined: April 29th, 2005, 5:47 pmPosts: 9Location: Washington
This is "an" interpretation as I see it. It may not be the "right" one as writen by the author, but thought it might give someone some ideas to kick around.

It is rumored in the great halls This means "of collective consiousness" of eternal mind Meaning that collective consiousness of all times. I can imagine that while "walking around" in this vast cask of mind, you could very easily run into yourself. that there are those of the earth’s children who are now re-awakening to the voice of the recondite Could be "hidden" or... race of reality known as “The Speakers” ... Could be "as only understood by" the ones author discloses as "The Speakers" in as much as we require them to gain the understanding of what was already existing. . In “The Legend of the Listener”, I suspect this is an artical that the author and or webmaster, has not posted yet it was prophesied that in a new age of human hood’s enlightenment, the fugue of the Speaker’s MUSIC - imagine the information as coming through in a melodic fashion, similar to baleds of the 12th and 13th century tutelage ...and these "songs" are the teachings given almost in story format would ring across the channels of twinned reality, ... these "songs" would be heard for all in both that cask of vast mind and the plane of counsiousness the speaks come from or reside in illuminating the lost path of humankind’s fulfillment. Indicating (us mortals) have lost our way, and need to find it again Perhaps it is only a legend and only a rumor... I think this is more of a "bait" by the author. From reading much of this material, I find no other contridiction implicating the possibility that this information isn't true or real.[/b]

Bookmark and Share

Offline Profile E-mail

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2005, 12:03 pm
User avatarJoined: May 13th, 2005, 4:16 pmPosts: 122Location: Guelph area, Ontario, Canada
Hi David!

I think your interpretation of this site's Home Page piece "The Overvoice" is wonderfully, creatively astute!

I love the idea that we can "run into ourselves" along those hallways of mind - in that "vast cask" of limitless consciousness!

The idea of the "Great Conversation" can be found woven throughout the history of the written word. One of my favorite passages, (believe it or not) is in chapter 1: The Tradition of the West, found in volume 1 of the set of Great Books of the Western World, entitled "The Great Conversation". (published by Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc.) It is SO worth the trouble to find it!

To quote the opening paragraph from that source: "The tradition of the West is embodied in the Great Conversation that began in the dawn of history and continues to the present day. Whatever the merits of other civilizations in other respects, no civilization is like that of the West in this respect. No other civilization can claim that its defining characteristic is a dialogue of this sort. No dialogue in any other civilization can compare with that of the West in the number of great works of the mind that have contributed to this dialogue. The goal toward which Western society moves is the Civilization of the Dialogue. The spirit of Western civilization is the spirit of inquiry. Its dominant element is the Logos. Nothing is to remain undiscussed. Everybody is to speak his (their) mind. No proposition is to be left unexamined. The exchange of ideas is held to be the path to the realization of the potentialities of the race"....

That sounds like a plan to me...

Hope you will share more of your mind-full ideas!

See you,
Spinfo

Bookmark and Share

Offline Profile